Sunday 27 April 2014

Filling & Healthy Rhubarb Breakfast Crumble

Dont worry I did not have dessert for breakfast! This is a savoury crumble but you could make it a dessert by adding sweetener to it if you fancied.


I was out and about very early, not like my typical Sunday where I grab a nice lie in and then make a yummy Filling & healthy Brunch. Today i was Babysitting at 9am, so I was up at 8am and grabbed a bowl of Bitesize Shredded Wheat. When I got back home at Midday I was feeling peckish and I started to stew some Rhubarb & cooking apples, I was going to have them with yogurt when William came up with the bright Idea of turning it into a sort of Crumple, Genius!


Filling & Healthy Rhubarb Breakfast crumble

2 sticks of Rhubarb, chopped
2 cooking apples, peeled & chopped
Porridge oats (I didn't Measure them, so this will need t be done by eye)
Cinnamon
Ground Clove
Ground Ginger
water
0% Greek Yogurt



Preheat oven to 200 Degree C

Place the chopped fruit into  saucepan with a tbsp of water, Stew on low/medium heat for 20 minutes
Pour out a large portion of Oats (enough to cover the top of your baking/pyrex dish)
gradually mix in the water to the Oats a bit at a time, to make a spreadable paste like consistancy and mix in the spices.
when the fruit is done pour it into your baking dish and spread the Oat mixture on top.
Sprinkle the top with more Oats and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, until golden on top.
Serve with a dollop of Greek Yogurt and enjoy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment