Wednesday 1 April 2015

Confessions of A Perfect Person

I started this blog as a means of tracking my weight loss journey & keeping myself motivated, It turned into so much more along the way and I have loved every second of it. I always wrote about the good times but most importantly I wrote about the bad times,

Me before I started at 13st 10.5lbs  & when I reached goal at 11st 7lbs

The last few months have been difficult for me, my bad habbits crept in, I lost control and my weight crept up and I have found myself 13lbs over goal. During the last few months I have avoided blogging, I felt that if I couldn't blog from a positive place then I shouldn't do it, I became a leader a year ago and since then I have felt that I needed to be seen as 100% focused and on track all of the time, I needed to be perfect. I was afraid to come on here and tell you all how horribly wrong things were going because I was trying to maintain the image of a perfect leader. So I didn't tell you about the time I ate a whole pizza, or the time I ate an extra large chocolate bar in one sitting or the time I went to the cinema and had a medium popcorn, 2 scoops of Ben & Jerrys and a share bag of minstrels all to myself...yes I have done all of these things! The truth is I am not 100% perfect.The truth is there is no such thing.



Me now at 12st 6lbs

I am a perfectly normal human being.

I have my struggles
I have food issues
I have weight problems
I can fall of the wagon
But I can get back on!

So that is what I am doing right now, I am owning up, I am being honest, I am writing about the bad times and I am getting back on track.

where I will be for the next 13 weeks and beyond!


I am setting myself a goal. I want to loose 13lbs and get back to my goal weight by July 1st, That gives me 13 weeks. I know this goal is realistic and achievable and that's very important, I lost 31.5lbs in 32 weeks to get to goal ,so I averaged out at a 1lb a week weight loss.

Do you need a goal to help keep you focused? Why not join in my challenge and aim to loose 13lbs by July 1st. In 13 weeks I will be confident in my summer clothes and fingers crossed wearing a bikini to the beach! who's with me?





5 comments:

  1. Well done on this post - its not an easy thing to admit you've slipped to yourself, let alone the rest of the world. There is nothing wrong with whats happened - like myself, I'm more mad that I let some weight slip back on but I know I can do it and will lose it again. You must believe the same as I know you'll kick those 13lbs right in the ass! Best of luck... I'll be following your progress :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you John, it wasn't easy to write this post but I knew that in order to get back on track and actually do this I needed to open up and be honest with myself and my followers. If I didn't come on here and blog about it I would probably be sitting on the couch eating chocolate for breakfast instead I am about to head out the door and do a 5k walk.We can do this!

      Delete
  2. Oh Sarah, I know exactly how you feel! I was in the same place as you are last September (and wrote nearly the same post as you, i think all us weight watchers have exactly the same thoughts!). I set my self a Christmas challenge to lose the stone by Christmas. I lost 11 pounds but its starting to creep back on again! I'm with you 100%, I have just been asked to be bridesmaid for my friend so operation bridesmaid starts now! You're honesty is amazing and you know you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to goal 14 it's ago after losing 37lbs and a lifelong weight problem. Went in my first diet aged 14 and am 54 now! But is not easy to maintain and I have had times when I've been 21lbs above goal when stopped going to meetings. Currently 7 lbs above goal and have been stuck here since Xmas-not a massive amount but enough for all my clothes to feel tight round my middle and to make me feel horrible .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent to find this blog ... my diet starts every day !!! All I have left to go is about 14 lbs by 21st May ... I know its goi g to be hard

    ReplyDelete