Tuesday 7 May 2013

May bank holiday weekend - Road trip, BBQ, Face painting, Roller derby and pie!

My bank holiday weekend kicked off with a lonesome road trip from cork to kilkenny to visit with my parents, the visit also tied in with a face painting job for a fundraising BBQ on saturday. My mom was having dinner of chicken curry for me when I arrived friday evening, but I usually have dinner when I get home from work so I couldn't wait the 2 and a half hours drive before dinner, I was starving and I stopped off at Mcdonalds and I got a happy meal, I figured that a small amount would give me the taste satisfaction and keep me going till dinner and it really did, the happy meal was 13pps, I had lots of daily points to use and all my weeklies so I didn't feel guilty for the treat.
On saturday I started off the day with a big breakfast, a slimbo, 2 rashers, mushrooms and baked beans al for 8pps. I wanted to make sure I would stay full for a while so I wouldn't be tempted by all the free ice creams and BBQ food at the fundraiser. I was face painting for 6 hours and it was extremely busy so thankfully the ice creams never got a look in with me and I managed one quick break and grabbed a burger for 10pps which kept me going until I got home. It turned out to be a gorgeous sunny day (the proof is on my very sunburnt face) so I was drinking lots and lots of water. I got home at 6pm and my mam had kept me a yummy dinner of bacon and cabbage, my favorite! which I was very surprised to find was a low 6pps. My brother and his wife came to visit and later that night we snacked on some chicken and garlic bread, I didn't eat much but it amounted to 9pps.
Sunday started off again with a lovely cooked breakfast to keep me going for my drive home, I was driving home and going straight to the roller derby open skate day. The open skate went great, I loved skating and I was surprisingly good at it and I only fell once. I'm definitely going back, it was great exercise I was sweating buckets. I decided that I had earned 5pps for the hour of skating, it could have been 13 and although it was a really good work out and I was sweating loads I took a few breaks so I decided to stick with the 5pps and play it safe. I now cant wait to buy my own skates and start learning roller derby, its hard work so its gonna get me really fit and its fun!
Sunday night myself and will headed over to some friends for a little early birthday dinner for will as were all going to be away for his real birthday next week. I had 3 slices of pizza for 12pps, 3 peices of light garlic bread for 4pps and a small portion of chicken poppers for 6pps. I drank 2 vodkas and diet 7up for 6pps and the creme de la creme was the key lime pie that Mandi had made as a pre birthday cake for Will, it tasted amazing! one big slice cost me 20pps! We also took the leftover pie home.


 Key lime pie from the recipe website -http://cook-eat-love.com/2010/04/key-lime-pie/


On monday myself and will headed into the city to gather up some last minute things for our holiday next sunday. will wanted to have burger king for lunch and I went along with it, I had no will power to say no, I spent 16pps in burger king, which was ok because I had the points, the problem came later that night when the left over pie came out, I had 8 pps left - that was 3 weeklies and my 5 exercise points, not enough for a 20pp slice of pie. i had a little battle between my stomach and my brain, thankfully my brain won and i had a little slice aboyt  a third of the size from the one the night before, dividing 10 by three worked out at 7 but i went ahead a counted it as 8pps just to be sure. so I had a very nice bank holiday weekend, I didn't go feeling deprived but I did use up every single one of my points. I am happy with myself though that i kept my will power and didn't go over my points. Im not really expecting much on the scales at weight in tonight, I knew I had to be super good this week so all the food I ate last week wouldn't catch up on me, but I wasn't as carful as I probably should have been so i'll be happy if I stay the same and not gain anything. Finger crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment