Wednesday 1 May 2013

Weight watchers magazine : Chicken, tarragon & new potato bake, tried and tested

For dinner this evening I made the chicken, tarragon and new potato bake from the may issue of the weight watchers magazine. It serves four and is 8pps per portion. I only managed to grab an apple and a muller light greek yogurt for my lunch today so I had a lot of points for dinner and evening snacks. as you can imagine I was starving come dinner so I plated myself one and a half servings for 12pps.


Mine didn't turn out as creamy as it looks in the magazine picture, but it was really tasty. Next time I make it I might add a little extra stock and/or extra creme fraiche and use extra pro points. I will definitely make it again, it was delicious and very satisfying. I also couldn't get fresh tarragon anywhere so I used a tsp of dried tarragon instead and I only used three chicken breasts as mine were bigger that the 125g ones in the recipe, but that suited me as I was only making it for two and william would eat two servings anyway. I served mine with green beans and broccoli as suggested in the magazine and it really bulked it up to a good sized dinner. even though I served myself extra I probably didn't need too, its very filling and I didn't finish all my potato.


My decision to try this recipe stems from me feeling very motivated from reaching my 5% goal, I just wanted to try something new and healthy. I also remembered a picture of me that I like to think of as my thinspiration, I think I am about the 12stone mark in the picture.


Please ignore the can of bavaria in my hand, this photo was taken three years ago when I was in my 2nd year of college and I'm sure it was too many beers that contributed to my weight gain! I am going to use this photo to keep me motivated, if I feel like giving up I will take it out and have a look at it. Even though I would give anything to be that weight again right now, I didn't feel like I was thin then either, maybe I never will feel like a thin person no matter how much weight I loose, but I am thinking I would like my ultimate goal to be 11stone, but I havnt decided for sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment