Sunday 7 April 2013

52 Pro points for a pizza...what?!

I have been tracking absolutely everything this week. I am very determined to do well at weigh in on Tuesday. Myself and William went out for breakfast on saturday morning and I treated myself to a full irish, using 30 of my weeklies for that. I took a trip to the yarn shop Knit in Midleton co.cork with my friend Mandi who is very kindly knitting me a gorgeous cape like in this picture, only mine will be a gorgeous light pink colour.

The beautiful weather inspired us to get an ice cream for the drive home. I didn't know the pps for any ice creams so I made a guess that a twister wouldn't be so bad. I was delighted to discover when I got home that it was only 2pps, oh and we also had some marshmallows that my friend wanted to try out as they claimed to be American (Mandi is american). The marshmallows were 6pps. Mandi and her husband came over for dinner and a toy story marathon (big kinds that we are!) I made the delicious marinated chicken from my previous post and served it with some Supervalu light garlic bread and oven chips, totaling 17pps, not bad I say! we had some macerated strawberries with meringue and cream for dessert - 5pps.  All in all I did well on saturday and used up a few weeklies. 
I woke up this morning and wanted to have my usual sunday breakfast of french toast, however this morning I decided to make it with egg whites only and it was delicious served with baked beans for only 6pp. Breakfast was late so we had no lunch and today I was in no mood to cook so I just threw some frozen pizzas into the oven. The weight watchers eating out guide points a pizza at about 18pp but for some reason I decided to calculate according to the box and thank heavens I did, the pizza worked out at 52pps! I thought I had miscalculated but I double checked. 52pps! It's the chicago town stuffed crust one and I expected it to be a bit high but thats just crazy! I couldn't bring myself to waste all my hard work this week so I resolved to eat half for 26pps and honestly that was loads, I was very full and satisfied. Needless to say I wont be buying those pizzas again. I still have some weeklies left for a slice of the weight watchers banana loaf that I baked this week and its 4pps a slice and delicious.

1 comment:

  1. Pizza is scary eh! SOme great receipes out there.. took me a while to get pizza right. Loving the blogs.

    ReplyDelete