Wednesday 17 July 2013

A delicious dinner and a scrumptious dessert to curb those cravings!

I had a stay the same this week. I was so happy with that because I had one of those weeks where I could not stop myself from eating and I was expecting to be up. The problem now though is how do I reign it in and get back on track?

Today has gone well so I think I will be ok now. I followed some advice from the meeting this week and divided my points up so I knew exactly how many I was allowed for breakfast lunch and dinner. Mine is 6 for breakfast 8 for lunch and 10 - 12 for dinner and 5 for snacks.

I stayed well under that today, quiet by accident. I had 6 for breakfast, 6 for lunch and 8 for dinner followed by dessert for 5 and a snack for 2 pp. I still have 4 left for the rest of the evening.

For dinner today I decided to try something new. I looked through my members favourite book and decided on the caribbean chicken. Oh my gosh! it was delicious. I will definitely be adding it to my regular dinner list. For only 8pp you couldn't go wrong.

Caribbean Chicken - members favourite book

I haven't quiet managed to get rid of the sweet craving that had been plaguing me all last week yet, but i didn't want to give into it and gorge myself on a huge bar of chocolate. Instead I came up with a dessert that is simple to make and oh boy was it satisfying!


Its a kind of  a banoffee pie pudding or sunday. I crushed 2 of the weight watchers double chocolate biscuits and put them in the bottom of a wine glass and layered it with banana slices and topped it with 3 tblsp of butterscotch angel delight adding more banana slices on top and grating a small bit of dark chocolate over. It worked out at 5pp and it was well worth it. I would be happy to serve this up at a dinner party, nobody would have any idea that it was weight watchers friendly, it tastes very naughty!


I also discovered a quick fix for a chocolate/sweet craving that only uses 1pp. I have been microwaving my pink 'n' whites for a while now, just for a few seconds. The marshmallow goes warm and gooey, yummy! My friend amy told me to open the pink 'n' white before microwaving it and spreading a tiny but of nutella onto it and then closing it up and microwave it. Oh my gosh, it was a great quick fix after my lunch today when i was tempted to go to the shop for a giant bar of chocolate.

The pink 'n' whites with nutella and the butterscotch pudding may very well keep me on tack this week and and stop me from totally pigging out. hopefully I will see a loss next tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment