Wednesday 10 July 2013

I reached my 10% goal!

I spent all last weekend on the beach with Will and my family and I was concerned about sticking to weight watchers for the two days. My mom packs the best picnics (in my eyes) when we go to the beach. It reminds me of my childhood. Banana sandwiches, ham sandwiches,egg salad sandwiches (she is famous for those ones), home made buns, yogurts, apples, grapes, chocolate, biscuits, crisps, jellies, you name it and my mam has got it packed.
Now my family take our beaching quiet seriously, we pack the car with cool boxes full of food and drinks,a flask of boiling water,teabags,coffee,towels,blankets,suncream,hats,balls,hurleys,windbreakers and even toilet paper. we are prepared for everything. number one rule is...get there early! The Murphy's are not happy if we don't get a good 8 hours on the beach.

So you can imagine all the tempting treats that were waiting for me in the cool box. oh gosh they were tempting. Yes I did give in, but just a little and not nearly as much as I would have before joining weight watchers. In the evenings when we got home at 7pm covered in salt and sand and feeling very relaxed my dad would throw on his beloved BBQ. It was still so lovely and warm that we ate outside for the fIrst time in a long time. we had burgers, sausages,baked potato and coleslaw, yummy. The sweetest thing happened. my dad had bought me a pack of slimsters to have my burgers on. I hadn't asked him to and neither had my mam. It was very thoughtful of him.

I didn't track anything until I got home on monday and I was delighted to discover that I still had one weekly point left...but then I remembered the giant ice cream I had! oops.

My Brother, Sister and Myself  enjoying an ice-cream from the van like the good old days!

I wasn't feeling nervous stepping onto the scales on tuesday, I had a great relaxing weekend and I didn't care what the damage was, to be honest, it was gonna be worth a lb or 2. So I was delighted when I discovered that I was actually down 2lbs! and got my 10% sticker. Thats a total of 19.5lbs (1st 5.5lb)

No comments:

Post a Comment