Thursday 11 September 2014

If you're gonna do it, do it right!



If you're gonna do it, do it right! These words have been in my head all day today...and no its not because I heard the song on the radio. I went back to class this morning. I haven't been in almost 6 months, not since I became a leader. Over the last few weeks I really have lost the plot altogether. My motivation was decimated and I have been stuffing my face. Really stuffing my face! On Monday night driving home i ate a large bar of chocolate, 2 small bars of chocolate and a share bag of jellies...



Yes I am ashamed to admit that but thats just a snippet of the kind of behavior I have been indulging my mouth in of late. I knew what I was doing was going to cause me to gain weight, I knew it was unhealthy and I knew what I should be doing about it, but yet I couldn't bring myself to do it. I was completely in denial and telling myself it was ok and that I deserved to eat the food and I needed to eat the food!
last night I got to a desperate point. I was very upset and disappointed in myself. something had to be done and it had to be done ASAP. What would I tell anyone else in the same position to do, what would I tell a member to do? Go to class! So, I text my leader Sue to let her know I was thinking about attending her class the following morning, she replied ''see you in the morning'' I had no excuse, I had no choice but to go then.



Off to bed I went, feeling a tiny bit better, having made the decision. It was the best decision I have made in weeks! I attended class, got weighed, 7lbs over goal, not pleasant for a girl who swore she would never, ever go back to her old habits, ever! 7lbs is almost a quarter of the total weight I lost to get to goal, that is a scary thought! The meeting this morning was great, exactly what I needed. I had a refresher course with Sue at the end just like a new member would have their get started session and sue gave me some great advice that I am going to stick by for the week.

I am not going to focus on the gain or my past behavior. I am going to act like I have never done Weight watchers before, I am going to do Simple Start for the week and I am going to do it 100% by the book, no adaptions, no cheating! I am going to do it right! 

No comments:

Post a Comment