Friday 21 June 2013

I got my first stone.

It finally happened, after 14 weeks I have gotten my first stone!

On tuesday as I stepped up on the scales I really wasn't holding out for much success. I had gone to the cinema twice during the week, both times having popcorn and sweets, oh and ice cream on one visit! I had gone out for pizza and also had chips last week too. I was expecting a loss, but just a small one. I lost 2.5lbs totaling 14lbs in total and my first stone. I wasn't expecting that, but I was delighted.

I have really started to step up my activity and i think its definitely contributing to my weight loss success  I have roller derby training every sunday for 2 hours that earns me 15-18 activity points. I do a skate fit class every tuesday for 1.5 hours and that amounts to another 15 points, I also went for an outdoor skate with my friend while she cycled, we did 2 miles and are planning on doing it a couple of times a week and that got me another 3 activity points. so thats a lot of points! But i try and not use my activity points. I will only use them if i am really really stuck, like if something unexpected came up and I was all out of points.

I had an idea a couple of weeks ago to host a weight watchers style pot luck, where everyone coming would bring a long a weight watchers friendly dish - a snack, salad, dessert, side or main. Something that the person liked to eat while following weight watchers. I also thought it would be good to put a limit on the food, points wise. So I decided that each serving should be between 0 & 5 pro points.
I proposed the idea to my leader and she gave me the go ahead to annonce it in tuesdays meeting. so the event is all set for friday the 5th of july and I am very excited about it.

I had planned to take some pictures of me wearing some dresses that I now fit back into but I fell while out skating yesterday and I am suffering from some whiplash. I will take the photos for my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment