Wednesday 28 August 2013

Life is good & feeling great

I weighed in on tuesday down 3 lbs! I was ecstatic, it pushed me into another stone bracket and brought me close to goal, I can see it now, that lovely gold card, it's waiting for me and I am coming to get it!
I am also considering changing my goal by half a stone to 11st 7lbs instead of 11st, i'm not sure yet but if I do then I am only 6lbs away from goal. That thought has made me realise how far I have come and how wonderful it feels and I had a thought...
How often do we stop to appreciate the good things we have going on in our lives? Not that often I bet! well not me anyway, I'm always pushing for the next thing, my next weigh in, next lb, next, next, next. Today I am stoping and taking a little moment to appreciate my life right now, because I have realised that its pretty great right now!

We need to stop and smell the roses

I've lost a ton of weight over the last 6 months, 25.5lbs in total. I feel fantastic, I'm less tired, more energetic and much, much happier in myself. I can walk (more like a jog) up my full set of 31 stairs without loosing my breath, most of my clothes are now far to loose. To top it all I got offered a job today! I had the interview yesterday and I felt so confident going into it and not one bit self conscious and the interview went really well. The job, which I am very excited about is in a sweet shop and starts on monday.

I will feel like this kid on my first day of work :)


Now, I won't lie, am a little concerned about how going back into full time employment and a change of routine will effect my weight loss, especially because its in a sweet shop and gosh do I LOVE sweets! But i am only a little bit concerned, i've come so far I cannot see it being ruined by anything, I know i will have to go to work prepared with packed lunch and I desperately need new clothes that are not hanging off me so i'm going to spend money on beautiful clothes and not sweets! Thats going to be my mantra and I will remind myself of how far I have come when I feel like giving in to temptation :)



I had a celebratory chinese take away tonight after I got the call about the job. I ended up only eating half because my stomach is not physically able for massive portions of food anymore. I had half a tub or boiled rice for 6pp and half a tub of shredded crispy chicken in a sweet chili sauce, which I pointed at 13 with the help of some lovely ladies from the Facebook page. I didn't cut the points in half for that even though I only ate half because I wanted to be safe. So i've had my treat and i've pointed it and I still have loads of weeklies left for the rest of the week.

also this week I baked some gorgeous banana muffins for only 2pp each!

2 pro point banana muffins.

I had some browning bananas and I was searching for something to do with them and I came across this recipe here - http://fatgirlslimmer.wordpress.com/2011/06/28/banana-muffins-2-weight-watchers-pro-points-each/

Ingredients
30g butter
60g honey
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 ripe bananas
150g plain flour
1 heaped teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
12 cup muffin pan lined with muffin cases
Chocolate chips for sprinkling on top
Melt the butter, honey and vanilla in the microwave. 
Mash the bananas in a bowl and pour over the honey butter vanilla mix and combine.
Mix the dry ingredients in another mixing bowl.
Mix the bananas mix into the dry ingredients until just combined(don’t overmix)
Divide the muffin mix equally amongst the muffin cases.
Top with chocolate chips

Bake for 25 minutes at 190 degrees

* I did not have chocolate chips so I made mine without them.


1 comment:

  1. Well done on the great loss and the job! It really does make all the different when you feel good doesn't it. Also you should change your goal and then if you like you can still lose more after if you want :)

    ReplyDelete