Wednesday 24 April 2013

Not a jeans girl.

I'm not much of a jeans girl, or a trousers of any sort girl. I live in skirts and dresses, I love them. Not the super tight body con dresses but skater dresses, peplum dresses, mini skirts, pencil skirts, circle skirts, they are all figure flattering and comfortable for me. Not loving jeans has a lot to do with me being 6ft tall. Shopping for jeans is a nightmare for me, they just dont make them long enough and the ones that are long enough are usually ridiculously expensive and low rise, don't get me started on the evils of low rise! I have issues with skirts and dresses not being long enough too, a dress that should be knee length will be mid length on me, but short dresses are fine paired with opaque tights or leggings. The other reason i'm not a fan of jeans is muffin top. Yuck, I hate my muffin top. However, About a year ago I discovered high waisted ''jeans'' in Villa (they are not really denim but made from a softer stretchier fabric) I love them. I have three pairs, a blue denim pair, a fox colour pair and a black pair. Despite the fact that I love them I dont even wear a pair once a month, I love that they are high waisted, its very flattering and no muffin top, but having bought the largest size xl, they were still quiet tight on my tummy, so I only would wear them when I wasn't feeling so bloated, which was hardly ever. I have been on a big high since getting my first silver 7 at weigh in yesterday and I decided to wear my fox colour ones today. Despite the fact that I have major pms they are a nice comfortable fit and I can sit down without feeling like im being cut in half by the waistband. It's great to see a difference after losing 8lbs, I wasn't expecting to notice anything until I lost a stone. its a great confidence boost. Maybe I will become a jeans girl after all. :)

1 comment:

  1. love this post... it has inspired me for when I by my first new clothes or fit it to the old clothes I saved.

    ReplyDelete