Monday 20 May 2013

My holiday

I arrived back from my holiday at one am monday morning. I felt like I had been away for a month, it was a very fun filled and relaxing week in the sun, but I was glad to be going home to my own bed and getting back to 'normal' food. I will be facing up to the damage at weight in tomorrow evening, but whatever it is, I will be ok with it and get back on track. I was on holiday after all and I enjoyed myself and dont feel guilty about it.
Me, happy and relaxed on holiday.
Now I was good in some ways, but I was also very bad in other ways. My resolve to track everything went out the window the minute I arrived at the airport and I treated my self to some fish and chips and 2 glasses of wine from the bar while we waited for our flight.
On the holiday we had a buffet breakfast where we were staying in the morning and we made rolls for lunch most days, unless we were going off travelling in the car, then we ate out. We had our evening meals out in various resturaunts, sometimes myself and will shared a starter and some nights we got our own but we only got dessert twice over the course of the week. The bad stuff was mostly all the wine and cocktails that I drank, and I drank a lot of cocktails! I also had a few ice creams by the pool during the week, the good magnum kind!

Mojitio - one of many cocktails.
We arrived late at night and grabbed some pizza and went to bed, the next day I noticed that my stomach was very bloated and hard which I put down to flying and thought it would go away, but it didn't it actually got worse. By the end of the holiday I was mostly only able to eat half my dinner before feeling too full. It felt very uncomfortable and I have no idea what caused it, I was drinking plenty of water. Maybe it was a change in food? Because of that I was feeling that my weight gain after holiday was going to be huge, but i'm home now and most of the bloating seems to be gone now. William (who speaks fluet German) befriended a lovely elderly German couple who were our neighbors, they didn't speak english and I dont speak german but I noticed the woman pointing at me and then at her belly, when they left I asked william if she had asked was I pregnant, she had but he didn't want to tell me and upset me. That is how bloated my stomach was, I looked pregnant!
we did a lot of walking during the holiday, our apartment was located a bit away from the main strip in the town so we walked 20 mins to and from restaurants every day. we also rented a car for three days to explore the island and we trekked up some cliffs to look at the amazing views. I am hoping that the activity we did during the holiday will have ment that I gained a little less than I would have if I had been lying by the pool all week

Panoramic view from a little cliff

1 comment: